1. Product and Manufacturer Information
Product Name: BANO
Manufacturer: METITA SDN BHD (631320-T)
Address: No. 1-09, Jalan Pandan Prima 2, Dataran Pandan Prima, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Department: Sales & Marketing
Phone: +(603)9200 8860
Fax: +(603)9200 8862
2. Material Identification and Information
Chemical Name & Common Name: Alkaline Ionized Water
Other Component: Pure Water
Designated material specified in Paragraph (1) of Article 25-2 of Industrial Safety and Health Act
Hazardous Ingredients: None
3. Hazards Identification
Extreme Hazardous Property: None
Environmental Impact: No impact on aquatic environment
Hazardous Physical and Chemical Properties: None
Name of Classification: N/A
4. First Aid Measures
Ingestion: Generally not hazardous, however drink plenty of water as a precaution, and see a physician if diarrhea is severe.
Skin Contact: Not hazardous. Wipe off with cloth.
Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with normal water. Take off contact lenses. See a physician if necessary.
Inhalation: Not hazardous.
5. Fire Fighting Measures
Fire Extinguishing Type: Any means suitable for extinguishing surrounding fire
Fire/Explosion Hazard: None.
Personal Protection: Use appropriate protective equipment (glove, safety glasses, masks)
6. Accidental Release Measures
Physical Precaution: Wipe off and avoid contact with eyes or mouth.
Environmental Precaution: Do not dispose directly down drain or to the river.
Safe Handling: Collect material into a container (with suction machines). Neutralize the residue with acid fluid.
7. Handling and Storage
- Technical Precautions: Avoid contact with eyes and mouth
- Precautions: N/A
- Safe handling precautions: N/A
- Appropriate Storing Condition
--- Avoid direct sunlight. Store in a cool ventilated indoors.
--- Seal the container when not in use.
--- Alkaline ionized water should not be stored with acid water.
- Safe Packing material: Use product container
8. Exposure Controls / Personal Protection
Facilities: It is advisable to handle in a facility equipped with local or general exhaust ventilation system
Chemical Name: Alkaline Ionized Water
Concentration: Not Established
Acceptable Concentration: 0.1% (Potassium Carbonate)
- Hands: Use rubber gloves if sensitive to allergies
- Eyes: Advisable to wear protective glasses.
- Skin and physical protection: Long sleeve, Long pants, (no specific material), rubber boots.
Sanitary Precautions: If sensitive to allergies, wash hands and face after handling.
9. Physical and Chemical Characteristics
- Appearance: Liquid
- Color: Colorless
- Odor: Odorless
- pH: 12.5
- Melting Point: Not Available
- Flash Point: Not Applicable
- Auto Ignition Temperature: Not Applicable
- Explosion Limits: Hydrogen gas 4.0-75.6 VOL%, or by heat or ultraviolet.
- Vapor Pressure: N/A
- Vapor Density: 1.0 (25C)
- Solubility in Water: Soluble
- Solubility in Solvent: N/A
10. Stability and Reactivity
Stability: Stable under general condition.
Hazardous decomposition product: None
11. Toxicological Information
Acute Health Effect:
- Chemical Name: Alkaline Ionized Water
- Toxicity: None
Topical Effect: N/A
Carcinogenic property: None identified in Japan Society for Occupational Health, ACGIH, NTP, or IAR.
Mutagenic properties: N/A
12. Ecological Information
Biodegradation: No impact on environment
Bioaccumulation Potential: N/A
Bioaccumulative toxins for marine life: N/A
13. Disposal Considerations
- pH12.5 and greater Alkaline to be disposed of in line with regulations for
Special Controlled Industrial Waste.
- Dilute with plenty of water and dispose down drain.
Container/Package Disposal: Not harmful to environment. Dispose as general waste or follow municipal recycle systems.
14. Transport Information
- UN Classifications : N/A
- UN No. : N/A
Special Provisions for Transport:
- Refer to 7. Handling and Storage
- Be cautious about water leakage, and handle with care not to spill the contents by damaging the container with any kind of impact.
- Avoid carrying with acidic materials.
- Follow instruction by Ship Safety Act
- Follow instruction by Aviation Law
15. Regulatory Information
Fire Protection Law: N/A
Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law: N/A
Industrial Safety and Health Law (Article 57-2): N/A
16. Other Information
Contents of this document:
The information above is believed to be accurate and represents the best information currently available to us. However, we make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes, especially when special handling method or procedure is wished to be applied. In no event shall Metita be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages.
Transfer of the product should be carried out with MSDS attached.
This information is subject to change as the latest technology or data become available.